Wednesday, July 6, 2011

"Sugar Ray" aka "OUCH" or What Happens With a Porcupine Encounter?

From Jeff ............
This is "Dog With Porcupine Quills #3" here in Valdez, but I didn't have the camera at the office for the first two. I haven't seen Porcupine quills since we lived in NW connecticut (1977, 1978). No Porcupines in Easton/Fairfield and none in Wilmington.

                              



The protruding quills are the easy ones to get out. Others longitudinally in the lips (and sometimes broken off) are a bitch
                            


                                                        
                                     Aren't drugs wonderful?





John Folsom is the practice's veterinary assistant.  He's probably done this a lot more times than I have. John is a retired school teacher as is his wife and also one of our two receptionists, Gayle. John also happens to be the "Landlord" for our apartment.


2 comments:

Michele said...

The poor dog! That must take forever to get them all out.

Susan Irons said...

Did you get them all?